View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #43
jtt77

Default Here to Help PAP

To start off, here is a link to a page that will give you all the information you need for this program, including a calculator that will allow you to see if your income falls within the programs guidelines:

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...oxone&coupon=1

Here is the deal, if you don't know. Every doctor that is permitted to prescribe suboxone is allowed to have 3 patients on this program. This is most beneficial for cash paying customers, considering it will cover your medication costs 100% for a year.

It was a fairly straightforward process. I printed out an application and filled out my section and my doctor fill out his section. Part of my section included submitting a copy of my tax returns from last year as proof of income. They did not want a copy of my paycheck or most recent unemployment check. They wanted to see a copy of my tax returns from last year. My doctor then faxed the application to the number on the link I posted above (888-407-9788)

I then started calling once a week to check on the status of my application. After about 2 weeks they told me I was 'pre-approved' and my application had been sent on to the next stage of the process.

I continued calling once a week. About 3 weeks later when I called, my application had been approved. It just so happened that I just saw my dr. that day and had a prescription I needed to fill. The guy on the phone gave me all the insurance numbers off my card that was going to be sent to me in the mail.

I was able to get my prescription filled at no cost with just those numbers. A week or so later, I received an insurance type card in the mail that I can use to get my script filled for free for the next 12 months.

All of the discount prescription cards I found on the net gave me very similar rebates. I think the best I got was around 15% off the total cash price. Of course the best one is the $0 Copay card that can be printed directly from suboxone.com. The only drawback with that card is it can only be used once/month, and you have to get at least 14 films at a time in order to get the discount. All of the other discount cards can be used regardless of the amount of films you get.

There were days when I would just get 2 films and I could use one of the discount cards.

Which is another thing to take into consideration before taking a script to a pharmacy. Make sure the pharmacy will allow you to get partials on your script. One of the Wal-marts near me will not let you do that. My friend found out the hard way when he dropped his script off one month and went back to only get like 5 of them. They told him he could not do that and that he had to come back with over $900 to get his full script.
jtt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to jtt77 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-09-2015), Thank You (10-11-2012)