View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
Brett

Caroline,
I would like to know what sleep paralysis is. No it doesnt feel like hair standing up. You reminded me of something I use to experience as a teenager and young man. I use to find myself in a state of half asleep and half awake during these moments I would try to move anything I could on my body and I would lie there paralized for a minute or 2. It was like I had no control over my body. This hasnt happened in a long time. Maybe what im experiencing now Is related to that.

What im experiencing now has troubled me off and on for the past couple of years. Mostly during stressful times such as withdrawl from lack of opiates. It would seem like each time I would try to give up my habit it would start. Its been happening every nite since I stopped methodone. The feeling I get is very intense, Almost painful while it is occuring, Then no syptoms at all once Im awake. Its a dreadful feeling of despair. Some times I jump completely out of bed. I even hit my head on the ceiling fan one nite. Sometimes it happens just before I fall asleep. It almost feels like im dying. This all sounds crazy to me, but ive tried to explain it the best way I can. I cant be the only person who has this condition. Has anybody else heard of this condition?

Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Brett
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote